TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018 is updated. Candidates who have successfully enrolled themselves for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Statistical Assistant vacancy now they can start their preparation with the help of TNPSC SA Exam pattern 2018.
TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018
Tamilnadu Public Service Commission has decided to conduct the written examination for all the candidates who have applied for recently released the notification for the Assistant Statistical Investigator they can check the TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018. Through this exam, the department is going to hire the suitable candidate for Tamil Nadu Public service commission
Candidates who will be qualified the exam with good marks will be called by the Board for an interview for the final selection. As per the announcement by department the examination will be conducted in the month of July 2018. Moreover, candidates can check the TNPSC Assistant Statistical Investigator Exam pattern 2018 from the below for the examination structure so that they can get idea about the exam pattern
|Subject||Duration||Maximum m Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs||Others|
|1. Paper-I (200 questions) Statistics (Degree Standard)||3 hours||300||171||228|
|2. Paper-II (100 questions) General Studies (Degree Standard)Interview and Records||2 hours||200
Download the Tamil Nadu PSC Statistical Assistant investigator Syllabus pdf
Candidates who have successfully registered for the TNPSC SA recruitment they can check the TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018 and exam preparation. Here we have given the TNPSC Asst Statistical Investigator syllabus pdf along with the Exam pattern as provided below. By the knowledge of the syllabus and TNPSC Assistant Statistical Investigator Exam pattern candidates will get the idea of the examination paper.
Download the TNPSC Assistant Statistical Investigator Syllabus 2018 from this page by click on the given download link at the end of this page and make a study plan and solve the TNPSC Assistant Statistical Investigator previous papers and model papers to secure the better score in the examination.
TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018
- Uses, Scope and limitation of Statistics, Collection, Classification and Tabulation of data, Diagrammatic and Graphical representation, Measures of location, dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis – Correlation and regression – Curve Fitting – Linear and Quadratic equation by the method of least squares.
- Probability – Addition, Multiplication and Baye’s Theorems and their application. Tchebychev’s inequality. Random variables – Univariate and Bivariate – Probability distributions – Marginal and conditional distributions – Expectations – Moments and cumulants generating functions.
- Probability distributions – Binomial, Poisson, Geometric and Hypergeometric. Continuous distributions – Uniform, exponential and normal. Sampling distributions and standard error, student’s ‘t’, Chi-square and F statistic – distributions and their applications.
- Estimation – Point estimation – properties of estimates Neyman – Fisher Factorization theorem(without proof) Cramer – Rao inequality, Rao – Blackwell theorem – MLE and method of Moments estimation – Interval estimation – for population mean and variance based on small and large samples.
- Tests of Hypothesis – Null and Alternative – Types of errors – Power of test, Neyman – Pearson lemma, UMP and Likelihood ratio tests, Test procedures for large and small samples – Independence of attributes, Chi-square test – Goodness of fit.
- Simple random sample – Stratified, systematic, Cluster (Single stage) Estimation of mean and variance in SKS – Sample Survey – Organisation – CSO and NSSO – Sampling and Non-Sampling errors. Analysis of Variance – Principles of design CRD, RBD and LSD – Factorial experiments (Without confounding) Missing plot techniques.
- The concept of SQC – Control Charts – X, R, p and charts Acceptance sampling plan – single and double – OC curves Attributes and Variables plan. OR Models – Linear Programming problems – Simplex method Dual – Primal, Assignment problems, Net work – CPM and PERT.
- Time series – Different components – Trend and Seasonal Variations – Determination and elimination.
- Index Numbers – Construction and uses – Different kinds of simple and weighted index numbers – Reversal tests – construction and use of cost of living index numbers – Birth and death rates – Crude and standard death rates, Fertility rates – Life table construction and uses.
- Statistical Computing using Excel – Understanding on the usage of Statistical Packages including SPSS, MINITAB and SAS.
TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018 for Paper II General Studies (Degree/PG Degree Standary) Syllabus
History – Latest diary of events – National – National symbols -Profile of States-Defence, national security and terrorism – World organizations-pacts and summits-Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games – Books & authors – Awards & honours – Cultural panorama – Latest historical events – India and its neighbours – Latest terminology appointments – who is who?
Political Science – India’s foreign policy – Latest court verdicts – public opinion – Problems in conduct of public elections- Political parties and political system in India- Public awareness & General administration- Role of Voluntary organizations & Govt., – Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018 Geography – Geographical Landmarks-Policy on environment and ecology.
Economics – Current socio-economic Problems-New economic policy & govt. sector. Science – Latest inventions on science & technology – Latest discoveries in Health Science – Mass media & communication.
Physics – Universe – General Scientific laws – Scientific instruments – Inventions and discoveries – National scientific laboratories – Science glossary – Mechanics and properties of matter – Physical quantities, standards and units – Force, motion and energy – electricity and Magnetism – Electronics & communications – Heat, light and sound – Atomic and nuclear physics – Solid State Physics-Spectroscopy – Geophysics – Astronomy and space science.
Chemistry – Elements and Compounds – Acids, bases and salts – Oxidation and reduction – Chemistry of ores and metals – Carbon, nitrogen and their compounds -Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides – Biochemistry and biotechnology –Electrochemistry – Polymers and plastics Botany – Main Concepts of life science-The cell-basic unit of life-Classification of living organism – Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration – Excretion of metabolic waste-Biocommunication
TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018 Zoology – Blood and blood circulation-Endocrine system-Reproductive system Genetics the science of heredity-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene, Bio- diversity and its conservation-Human diseases, prevention and remedies Communicable diseases and non- communicable diseases-Alcoholism and drug abuse-Animals, plants and human life.
Earth and Universe – Solar system – Atmosphere hydrosphere, lithosphere -Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate – Water resources – rivers in India – Soil, minerals & natural resources-Natural vegetation – Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern, livestock & fisheries – Transport & communication – Social geography – population-density and distribution natural calamities – disaster management-Climate change – impact and consequences – Mitigation measures – Pollution Control.
History, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Moment, Aptitude and Mental Ability Test and Logical Reasoning.
Steps to download the TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018
Tamilnadu PSC Statistical Assistant syllabus and exam pattern are provided above. Here we have provided some simple and easy steps to download the TNPSC Statistical Syllabus 2018 and exam pattern from the official website. These instructions will be followed as follows:
- Candidate needs to open the official website of the TNPSC or you can also download the syllabus pdf from this page by provided link.
- In few seconds the home page will appear on the screen of your device.
- On the home page check the examination section icon
- Click on that icon, after clicking on that make a search for TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018
- Click on the TNPSC exam pattern and syllabus link.
- In few seconds the pdf file will be downloaded in your device.
- With the help of pdf file, you can easily get the Tamil Nadu PSC Statistical Assistant syllabus and start the preparation.
Hope you find this article useful. If you have any doubt regarding TNPSC Statistical Assistant Syllabus 2018 then you can feel free to ask us in the comment box and you can visit the official website. You can bookmark this page and share this information with your friends. Thank you for reading this article and for more details register with us.