TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 is updated on this page. All the exam participants who are going to appear for the exam awaiting for the latest TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus and exam pattern now your wait is over now you can check the Tamil Nadu Health officer exam pattern 2018 and syllabus from this page.
TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018
All those candidates who have applied for the TNPSC Health Officer recruitment might be seeking for the TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 you are at right place. Here in this page, you will be shared all the information regarding the Tamil Nadu PSC HO Exam Syllabus and pattern is available here.
A few days ago the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission announced the recruitment notification to appoint the candidates for the various post of health officer). There are a lot of candidates had applied for this vacancy who want to make their carrier in the govt job.
So all those Applicants who are going to appear for the Tamil Nadu PSC HO exam 2018 they can check the TNPSC health Officer Exam Pattern 2018 as given below
Tamil Nadu PSC HO Exam pattern
All those candidates who are going to part of the TNPSC HO exam They are required to download the TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 and exam pattern to start their preparation for the exam.
To qualify the exam it is must to have the exact study material and syllabus. If a candidate will secure the more than marks of cut off marks, then he will be appointed for the post of Health officer in Tamil Nadu department.
Candidates who are going to start the preparation they should catch out the TNPSC Health Officer-Syllabus 2018. Because with the help of syllabus, you will get an idea about the topics which are most probably asked in the examination paper
so that you will be able to prepare on that topics and score well. The applicants can exam pattern for TNPSC Health Officer as mentioned below:-
|Subject||Time duration||Maximum Marks|
|Social and Preventive
(Code No. 105) – 200 items
General Studies -100 items
The exam paper consists of only multiple choice.
Each section contains the different marks.
Each section has different weightage.
Download TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus PDF
The syllabus plays an important role to prepare for an exam. Therefore, here we are providing the TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 along with the exam pattern. All the candidates are advised to go through complete details regarding TNPSC HO Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
Candidates will be selected for the post-health officer on the basis of their marks in the Written Exam and Personal Interview So those candidates who have applied for this post they need to start the preparation for this exam to score well in the exam.
For the help of the candidates in their preparation here, we have listed out the TSPSC HO Syllabus 2018 and syllabus pattern to score well in the examination. Just check it out
TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 for Paper I
1.The concept of health and diseases:- Preventive Medicine, Social Medicine, Definition of health, Dimension of health, Spectrum of health, Determination of health and Indicator of Health Natural history of the disease, the concept of disease control;
Levels of prevention, and modes of intervention for diseases and condition, International classification of diseases and coding system.
2. Principles of epidemiology and epidemiologic methods:- Aims of epidemiology,
epidemiological approaches, rates and ratios, measurements of mortality, measurement of morbidity, epidemiological and methods,
Descriptive epidemiology analytical epidemiology and Experimental Epidemiology. Uses of epidemiology, Investigation of an epidemic, International death certificate.
3. Travel medicine:- Health risks of travelers, its prevention, Immunisation,
Chemoprophylaxis, Medicals kit.
4. Screening of disease:- Concept of disease screening, uses of screening, criteria for
screening, sensitivity, and specificity of a screening test, types of screening common
screening tests used, surveillance for a disease, types of surveillance, uses of
5. TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 for Epidemiology of Measles, Rubella, Mumps, Chicken Pox, Acute Respiratory infection, Diptheria, pertussis and tetanus, Tuberculosis, Poliomyelitis, Viral Hepatitis, acute diarrhoeal diseases,
Food Poisoning, Dengue syndromes, Malaria, Filariasis, Rabies, Plague, Japanese Encephalitis, Leishmaniasis, Leprosy, Sexually transmitted diseases and Acquired Human immunodeficiency syndrome.
6. Epidemiology of:- Coronary heart disease, Hypertension, stroke, Rheumatic heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, Blindness, Accidents etc.
7.TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 for Social Sciences and Medicine:- Concepts in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Social control mechanism, Social problem, Personality, components and development, social psychology, Social organization, Social institution, Family in Health and disease, Cultural factors in health disease, Hospital sociology, Social security.
8.Laws in the field of community health:- The prevention of food adulteration Act, 1954 -The Medical termination of pregnancy Act 1971 – The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948 – The Indian Factories Act 1948 –
The Central Maternity Benefit Act 1961 – TheChildren Act 1960 – The Central birth and death registration Act 1969 – The epidemic diseases Act 1897 – Juvenile Justice Act 1986 – The Tamil Nadu Public Health Act.
9. Environment and health:- Purification of water, water quality, criteria and standards, surveillance of drinking water quality water sampling, Air pollution, Noise pollution, Housing, Disposal of Waste solid waste,
liquid waste, excreta disposal, Modern Sewage treatments methods, Medical Entomology, Insecticides, and Larvicides. Life history of arthropods and insects of Public Health Importance, Vector Control.
10. Occupational health problem its causes, effects, prevention, Prevention and Social measures for genetic diseases, common mental health problem and its prevention.
TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 for Paper -II
1. Health Programmes in India:- National Malaria Eradication Programme National Fileria, Control Programme National Tuberculosis Control Programme National Leprosy, Eradication Programme Acute Diarlocal diseases Control Programme Guinea warm, eradication Programme
Iodine deficiency disorders control programme, National Programme for Control of Blindness National Cancer Control Programme National Mental
Health Programme Child Surviod and Safe Motherhood Programme Reproductive and child health Programme Universal Immunicatia Programme National Family Welfare Programme National Nutritional Programme.
2. Demography & Family Planning:- Demographic cycles, Demographic trends, fertility, National Health Policy, National Population Policy, Contraceptive methods and its evaluation.
3. Nutrition and health:- Concept of balanced diet. Common Nutritional deficiency disorders, Assesment of Nutritional status, Social aspects of Nutrition, Nutrition, surveillance, Food hygiene,
Milk hygiene, Meat hygiene, Foodborne diseases, Community Nutrition Programmes, Diet, in disease condition like DIABETES &
4. Preventive Obstetrics, Paediatrics and Geriatrics:- Ante-natal, intra Nstal and Post natal, care, Care of newborn, Infant care growth monitoring, immunization,
Care of the Pre- School child, Under live clinics, rights of the child, Delivery of MCH Care, Indicators for MCH Care, School Health Service and Programmes, Rehabilitation of handicapped, children, ICDS Scheme, Health problem of the Aged.
5. Health information and basic medical statistics:- Health information system, Sources of Health Information, Elementary Statistical methods, Statistical averages, sampling, normal
6. Indian national movement:
National renaissance‐Early uprising against British rule‐1857 Revolt‐ Indian National Congress‐Emergence of national leaders‐Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore, Nethaji ‐Growth of militant movements ‐Different modes of agitations‐Era of different Acts & Pacts‐World war.
Thanks for reading this article. Hope you find this article useful. If you guys have any doubt related to TNPSC Health Officer Syllabus 2018 then you feel free to ask in comment box. Candidates can also bookmark this page for more latest updates and news.