TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018 is available for all the candidates who are looking for their syllabus for exam preparation. Candidates can also check Tamil Nadu Group 2 Exam Pattern 2018 along with Syllabus. Here in this article, we have also provided a direct link to download the pdf file of the syllabus.
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018
Candidates who are going to appear in this examination they should start their preparation to score good marks in the examination. Everyone wants to make their career in the government sector to secure their future life. Here in this article, we have discussed the TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018 for all the candidates who are going to appear in this examination.
All the candidates must have knowledge about the TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus in English before starting their preparation. Because without the proper knowledge of syllabus candidates may not perform well in the written exam. With the help of syllabus, you can get the idea about the question asked in the exam. In this article, we also discuss the exam pattern for the candidates.
Tamil Nadu Group 2 Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates who are looking for TNPSC Exam Pattern 2018 then they should read this whole article carefully. Candidates can see complete information about the question paper through this article. Candidates can also download TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018 in Pdf format through this page. For more information, they can also visit the official website of TNPSC.
- It contains three subjects.
- The question paper is available in both English and Tamil language.
- The written exam consists of 200 questions.
- The test is held for 300 marks.
- A total time duration of the examination is 3 hours.
|S. No||Concept Names||No. of Questions||Total no. of Marks||Duration|
|1||General Studies||75||150||3 Hours|
|2||Aptitude & Mental Ability Test||25|
|3||General Tamil/General English||100||150|
Download TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will announce the written exam dates in upcoming months. Candidates should start their preparation to crack the examination. Candidates can also bookmark this page for more latest updates and news. Here in this article, we are going to discuss syllabus topics for all those candidates who are going to appear in this examination.
General Science: Candidate can check here TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018. General science contains topics such as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany etc.
- Physics: Universe, Electricity and Magnetism, Scientific Instruments, Atomic & Nuclear Physics, General Scientific laws, Mechanics and Properties of Matter, Science Glossary, National Scientific Laboratories, Inventions and discoveries, Force, Motion & Energy, Heat, Light, and Sound, Physical Quantities, Standards & Units.
- Chemistry: Acids, Bases & Salts, Oxidation and Reduction, Carbon, Nitrogen & their compounds, Elements, and Compounds, Fertilizers, Pesticides & Insecticides, Chemistry of Ores & Metals.
- Botony: Basic Unit of life, Respiration, The Cell, Classification of living organisms, Main Concepts of life science, Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Zoology: Endocrine System, Human diseases, Blood and blood circulation, Biodiversity and its conservation, Reproductive System, Health & Hygiene, Communicable and Non-communicable diseases, Genetics – the science of heredity, Prevention & Remedies, Environment & Ecology.
- Geography: Water Resources, Solar System, Density and Distribution, Earth and Universe, Natural Vegetation, Agricultural Pattern, Atmosphere hydrosphere, Lithosphere, Monsoon and Rainfall, Disaster Management, Weather and Climate, Forest and Wildlife, Rivers in India, Natural Calamities, Soil, Minerals and Natural Resources, Livestock, and Fisheries.
Current Events Syllabus
- History: Latest historical events, National Symbols, Books & Authors, Awards and Honors, Latest diary of events, Appointments, Eminent Persons and Places in the news, Sports & Games, Profile of States, India, and its neighbors.
- Indian Economy: Population, Education, health, employment, poverty, Development of infrastructure, Nature of Indian economy, Land reforms & agriculture, Planning Commission, Five‐year plan models‐an assessment, Social Sector Problems, National Development Council, Application of science in agriculture, Industrial growth, Role of public sector & disinvestment, Economic trends in Tamil Nadu, Sustainable Economic Growth.
- Aptitude and Mental Ability Test: Mental ability is one of the common topics found in most of the entrance exams. Mental ability tests our level at which we learn things, understands instructions and solve problems.
- Mental ability contains topics such as Visual Reasoning, Logical Number/Alphabetical/Diagrammatic Sequences, Ratio and Proportion, Conversion of information to data, Lowest Common Multiple (LCM), Number Series, Analytical interpretation of data, Simplification, Logical Reasoning, Collection, compilation, and presentation of Data Tables, Graphs, diagrams, Puzzles, Highest Common Factor (HCF), Percentage, Simple interest, Alphanumeric Reasoning, Time and Work, Compound Interest, Area, Volume, Decision-making and Problem-solving, Dice.
- General English: Candidates have to prepare basic topic of English syllabus such topics are transformation, Substitution, Active and Passive Voice, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Arrangement, Prepositions, Idioms and Phrases, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Improvement, Para, Completion etc.
To Download TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018- Click Here
Thanks for reading this article. Hope you find this article useful. If you face any issue TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018 then you can write your issue in the comment section. Please share this article with your friends.
You can also bookmark this page for more latest updates and news. Share this article on your social media account. You can also register with us for more latest information.